VIVA SENOR SANTO NINO!!! PIT SENOR!!!
Another huge blessing from God, another celebration greatly blessed by Senor Santo Niño thru everyone He has sent to support the devotions in every way.
For 21 Years now here in Auckland, New Zealand, the church has witnessed the immense growth of devotions to Senor Santo Nino (Holy Child Jesus).
Every night during the 9-days novena-masses held from Jan 9 – Jan 17, 2015 saw hundreds of devotees flocking to St Patrick’s Cathedral, Wyndham Street, Auckland and filling the church to nearly overflowing.
It is so uplifting to see people so happy but intensely worshipping the Holy Infant Jesus (Senor Santo Niño).
People’s faces lit with joy when they finish off each night’s mass with a Sinulog Dance Offering. It is likewise a delight to see so many non-Filipino devotees joining us in these devotions each night at St Patrick’s Cathedral.
Then comes the huge fiesta celebration of Senor Santo Niño, January 18, 2015. We think North Shore Events Centre, Auckland is a huge place for the celebration but it is likewise fully packed with devotees wishing to finish off the 10th day of prayers and celebrations, a token of their love and gratitude to SENOR SANTO for all His bountiful blessings, for answered prayers and likewise unanswered prayers and the minute by minute miracles that He continues to perform in our life, although we may not consciously be aware of them.
Thank you to all devotees, our co-organizers and everyone who made this another great and successful celebration. It will take us a long time to itemize everyone who has helped us in many, many ways but I would like to mention some people who have made a huge impact because of their Prayerful support, their dedication and commitment:
1) To EVERYONE who prayed with us, assisted us and supported us in the 9-days Novena-masses at St Patrick’s Cathedral and the Fiesta Celebrations at St Patrick’s Cathedral
2) Bishop Pat Dunn and his priests who said masses for us:
Msgr Bernard Kiely, Msgr Paul Farmer, Msgr David Tonks, Fr Larry Rustia, Fr Gilbert Ramos, Fr Sam Pulanco, Fr Rory Morrisey, Fr Sherwin Lapaan, Fr Elrick Jorquia and Deacon Carlos Guleng
3) Msgr Bernard Kiely, Fr Larry Rustia and the Parishioners of St Patrick’s Cathedral for supporting our 9-days novena masses at St Patrick’s Cathedral.
4) Msgr Paul Farmer for accommodating us at St Benedict’s Parish for most of our activities during the year and providing a house for Senor Santo Nino
5) Our 2014 Hermanos-Hermanas Lito & Mary Bitoon and Diosie and Cathy Tomaquin
6) Our New Hermanos-Hermanas for accepting the task for the year
7) Communications Team, Chichi Abadingo for keeping our Santo Niño Website and FB and Emails correspondence always going; Cherry Thelmo-Fernandez for keeping various media groups in the loop with our activities and celebrations and a strong support from husband Rommil during the 9-days novena-masses & fiesta celebrations.
8) Everyone who joined the Liturgical and Cultural dance offering
9) Our Cultural Production Team and Liturgical Dance Teams for their commitment and dedication, to mention those with lead roles, Alyx Ty, Diane Gantuangco-Edmonds, Mary Anne Brannan, Ferdie Esclamado, Eloise Gantuangco, and the assistance of Dexter Ycong and Joey de Guzman.
10) Dra Allen Villamor & Family, Annie and Grace Paderanga, Saldua Families and Alfred & Merced Belleza for flowers and candle supplies throughout the 9-days novena masses.
11) Jess Enoncillo for his designs and decors.
12) Roland Abadingo for all graphic designs and putting together our souvenir book
13) All our Area Coordinators for the house to house visitations of the image of Senor Santo Niño
14) Voice of God Catholic Charismatic Renewal choir for their music support throughout the year.
15) The Pilgrim sponsors of the 9-days novena-masses from Community groups, Choir Groups and Devotees from various parts of Auckland. A Mass will be offered for your intentions at a specific month in 2015. We hope you can grace us with your presence at those specific masses.
16) France and Robert Martirez for all costume making.
17) The Sinulog Festival Queen competition is a project geared towards developing the talents and giftedness of our young ladies, enhance their skills, build confidence thru an experience new to them and provide an avenue to express themselves thru art and create new friendships.
We wish to thank Chloe Edds, Althea Daculan, Xyrene Cope, Maegan Perdido, Metzil Bermudez and John Mae Nazareno for accepting our invitation to be involved in this project. We likewise acknowledge and thank their families and friends for their awesome support.
18) Michael Martinez, Security Coordinator and ALL volunteers in the Security Team, including the team Leaders, Raymund Egay, Manny Lumapak & Mitchell Diputado
19) All our Sponsors, Donors and Patrons who have always supported us in this undertaking.
20) The prayer support of all devotees, especially the ongoing payers of our Prayer Warriors.
21) To everyone working behind the scenes including Rommel & Vernah Jabla & Grace Paderanga
I believe our life on earth is a Partnership with God. Each one of us has been appointed to perform a task or a role to fulfill. Our fulfillment of that role stems from discerning our call by listening to Him carefully and intently thru lots of prayers and spending time with God in silence. That is when we get the guidance on how to carry out His Will.
Let us continue our devotions to Senor Santo Niño. Join us for Holy Rosary and Novena to Senor Santo Niño every Friday at 6:30pm with mass every 3rd Friday of the month at St Benedict’s Church, #1 St Benedict’s Street, Newton, Auckland.
Help us bring more people to Senor Santo Niño by promoting devotions to Him thru the house pilgrimage of the blessed statue of Senor Santo Nino.
Oh Senor Santo Niño, bless and protect us always.
Love and prayers,
Tito Oscar and Tita Miriam